Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What's up with the bands?



Oh, now I know!! Larry, N1TX (KL2R) got me hooked on this website.

It's very interesting to see the correlation between an increase in solar wind and absorption. I now follow this website almost daily. Living up north is already challenging but this is a great tool to use when it comes to deciding if I'm going to play in the shack or if I'm going to do something else. This explains why I'm not hearing much tonight on the bands. After checking out HAARPs Riometer, it's always off to Spaceweather.com! The numbers say it all and just confirms that I need to partake in some other project. Oh, and a final number check tells me that the SFI (Solar Flux Index) is 68, the A index is 22 and the K index is 1. Yep, grabbing my I-touch and heading to a new location normally called the living room to be socialiable. Wonder what's on TV?? Time to listen to Daughtry's new album, again. If you have not listened to it, it ROCKS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment