Thursday, March 7, 2013

Nested But Colorful

Sunset @ ARS KL8DX & KL8SU 03/07/2013
In my previous post I mentioned the Chinook that was bringing strong winds to the Interior of Alaska. It has arrived but the forecasted 70 mph did arrive but the highest gust we saw at our house was only 61 mph. The storm is exiting north quickly and I expect that by Friday night we might be back to calm. These wind storms can last for days but thankfully this one is moving through quickly. I'm hopeful to be sending the beam back to the top of my tower in the next 24 hours.

In this photo, you can see our Mosley TA-34-XL nested just above our roof level. I happened to catch a beautiful sunset and was able to snap a few photos before it disappeared. With the wind, there were lots of Lenticular clouds all around us. I love this type of cloud formation and we see it frequently in this area as we receive these strong winds and are surrounded by mountains. We are often treated to colorful sunrises and sunsets here. Just one of the tough parts of living in such a beautiful place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment