Saturday, August 1, 2009

NAQP Decision

I'm forced to make another stressful decision. Enjoy the great Alaskan outdoors or operate the NAQP CW Contest? Some of the decisions we make in life come with consequences but for this low profile interior Alaskan station, this was not a hard decision. I'm sure Alaska will be well represented, not as much as during a SSB contest but to my fellow CW nuts and contesting brothers and sisters, I wish you all the very best in your contesting quest. Me on the other hand, I will be enjoying the wilderness, extracting wild blueberries from the tundra and hopefully adding photos to the compact flash card in my camera as quickly as I would log contacts during any major contest. On the drive home from Fairbanks today, I saw the beginning color changes associated with fall! A grim reminder that although there are plenty of contests over the next several months that will keep my shack warm, summer is winding down and soon, just like the propagation during a high solar wind, it will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment