Thursday, December 1, 2011

What could be better than a contest certificate in your mailbox?

ARRL 10 Meter Contest 2010
Contest         : ARRL 10 Meter Contest 2010
Callsign        : KL8DX
Mode            : MIXED
Category        : Single Operator (SO)
Band(s)         : Single band (SB) 10 m
Class           : High Power (HP)
Zone/State/...  : AK
Locator         : BP53LU
Operating time  : 8h10
 MODE   QSO DUP DXC MLTS  POINTS   AVG
---------------------------------------
   CW   311   3  10   35    1244  4.00
  SSB   124   0   5   19     248  2.00
---------------------------------------
TOTAL   435   3  15   54    1492  3.43
=======================================
         TOTAL SCORE : 102 948

 
As the CQ World Wide CW Contest is history for another year (see previous blog entry) it's time to focus on a few contests that are coming up. It's always a pleasant surprise when I make the trip north to Healy and check our Post Office box there. My wife normally walks in to get our mail and when she exits the Post Office with a large white envelope, it gets my attention. When a contest award certificate shows up she normally says, "You got more wallpaper." This past week I received a certificate for my 2010 effort in the ARRL 10-Meter Contest. I knew that this certificate was coming as I read the results in QST but it never dampens the excitement of receiving the award. As my wife sorted through the mail on our drive home, she told me that it appeared I received more than one piece of wallpaper! Once I got home, I opened up both envelopes and I also received my certificate for my effort in last years CQ World Wide CW Contest! I operated all band but submitted Single Operator Single Band 10 Meters. My breakout is listed below.

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW 2010

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 15.75

Summary:
Band  QSOs  Zones  Countries
------------------------------
  160:                   
  80:    2    2        2
  40:  20    5        4
  20:  698    17      48
  15:  103    10      10
  10:  128    9      11
------------------------------
Total:  951    43      75  Total Score = 245,676

Club: North Coast Contesters

So, there is something better than receiving a contest certificate in the mailbox!  Receiving two of em! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice certificates Phil. Will you be active in the 10m ARRL contest this year?? 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bas, thanks for the comment! Yes, I have all intentions of being on in the ARRL 10m contest this year, low power. I submitted 10 meter last year only because 10 had not been very active until late in the year. I just wanted to finally submit something for 10 meters :0) so both of these contests presented some great 10 meter propagation. Hope to see a nice EU opening on 10 next weekend!

    ReplyDelete