Sunday, October 2, 2011

October Arrives

Waiting for 10 Meters to Open
I have officially moved my QRP equipment back into the shack for the winter. This does not mean that it won't find it's way out during a Polar Bear weekend in the next few months. What it does mean is my IC-703 Plus has found a home on the bench again. I'm ready to start QRP'ing from the shack.

This past weekend I had been busy working around the house. 10 meters was booming on Saturday with the California QSO Party! The highlight was working Scot, KA3DRR on 10 meters! Scot was very loud on 10 meters, the loudest I think I have heard him on any band up here. I worked a few other stations when I had the chance but I'm looking forward to hearing how Scot did.

It figures, when I want to do some antenna work the wind will begin to blow. This weekend was no different. We hit 40 mph gusts today so needless to say, my tower and outside work did not get completed yet again. I did manage to get some other home and list projects completed but ham radio took a backseat to everything else.

I finished up my last batch of bureau QSL cards and they are ready to ship out. I have also finished my direct cards. The hunt now is on to search through my photo archives looking for the photo to use on my next batch of QSL cards. I'm also looking at different printers. With the hundreds of cards I get from all over the globe, it's great to see some of the outstanding quality one can get from a talented printer. I change mine up on every order so we will have to see what I can come up with.

As winter fast approaches, I'm still way behind on my radio projects. I did get the shack cleaned today. Never knew so much dust could accumulate in one place. Now with the contest season fast approaching, there won't be time for the dust to accumulate as I'm looking forward to warming the shack and chasing the sounds of contesting across the ham bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment